At age 15 I have devoted my training and time to jumping high and becoming a better high jumper. I have many dreams that I plan on accomplishing and with hard work they will all come true. I've been through a lot and I am sure there is more to come, but I know that i'll get through it. Project Mason isn't just a blog...it's my journey.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

WHAT HAPPENED TO PROJECT MASON!?

Hey guys, what's up? I know...I know...I haven't posted in forever! Almost forgot about Project Mason, but then I got on blogger and found it again. Once I got on here, I started thinking: what is Project Mason to me?  The answer to that took me some time to think about, because I thought isn't this just another social media device? Well...yes, yes it is. But Project Mason isn't just a "blog" for me, it's more of a collection of my pain that translates to pleasure. This blog shows my pain and how it always gives me pleasure in the end, this isn't just a blog...it's my life. And speaking of pain...I have a double groin strain! Yes, that's possible to injure both groins at the same time hahaha. I was doing Jump Squats for my Jump Manual plyometric workout, and did not warm up properly and ended up really damaging my groins. Luckily, the strain is not massive and I should be back this week or next. Right now i'm going through groin therapy on my own, and it sucks. Just sitting day after day wishing you could go train, it's a living nightmare to me. When that happened I was under a schedule were I do lower body weight lifting twice a week, and I feel this was putting a ton of stress on my muscles and it was just begging for a strain or pull. I can only be lucky with a strain, and it's a mild one at that. Now that my groin got hurt, I've switched up my schedule to doing plyometrics twice a week. I haven't got much time to see the benefits of this schedule, but I did complete one week (even on an injured groin, stupid right?) and I liked the results and feeling from that one week. I also bought the SKLZ Hop Trainer (google it) and have been using that for some plyo exercises. It works well, and feel it will yield some results. Sorry about not posting in awhile, just been really busy with school!

I will be posting more!

and oh yeah...I forgot...I GOT MY LICENSE!!!
having my licence will really help my training once I get a car and over these groin strains!  

Song of the Week

that song gives me inspiration 


Peace,
Mason
"it's never crowded along the extra mile"  

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the license!!! That's why you haven't been posting, too busy trying to pick up chicks! Anyhow, make sure you listen to your body. Injuries, especially strains, are your body's way of telling you that you are overtraining. Either take a few more rest days, or eat more, or sleep more, or all three, but don't jump back in full force. Ease back into it. Think of training like a sin curve (like sin, cos, and tan; yes I'm a dorky engineer I know!). You have peaks and valleys, but you want to be generally moving forward and up.

    Also, you might want to take the time during your recovery to work some upper body strength. Despite what many people think, the upper body has an important role in jumping and track. Granted, it doesn't need to be the sole focus of training, but at least you can work on it while your legs are healing and you'll still be attacking weaknesses. Just my 2 cents.

    Good luck bro!

    ReplyDelete